Is it really 2008? The year of my 10th wedding anniversary? The year after the birth of my FOURTH child? The year I turn 33.....
What changes will January bring? My goals are many, but here are the most important few:
Invite the Spirit more fully into my life by renewing my commitment to daily scripture study, prayer, and meditation. The more children I have and the more complicated my life becomes, the more urgently I feel the need to live close to the Spirit every moment. I simply cannot know and feel and do all that my family requires without heavenly guidance.
Simplify. More time at home with just our little family. Less STUFF to dust, clean, and wash. Just say NO! :)
Listen. My biggest parenting goal this year is to train myself to STOP what I am doing and to listen with my whole heart, mind, body, and spirit when my children and my husband have something to say. I want to make good listening a lifetime habit.
Connect. I am the world's WORST friend/daughter/sister/granddaughter/cousin when it comes to correspondence. I want to reach out and let my friends and family know just how much I really think about and appreciate them.
Organize. With 4 kids now, I am finally seeing the need to put my appointments and tasks into Google calendar. My husband has been trying to get me to keep my appointments there (in a central, easily accessible, consistent location) for months. I've lost part of my brain with each child; with 4 children now, you can imagine how much (or, more accurately, how little) of it is left.
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Ambition
Posted by Yeffinerp at 1:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment