Thursday, January 24, 2008

Aftermath

Well, Little Bear has been fighting a very stuffy/runny nose for about 6 days now, and a little cough for about 4 days. Tuesday night, his *cold* seemed to get much worse. He was so congested/runny he could hardly breathe, and he coughed himself awake at 2am and again at 4 am, up for an hour each time. Poor baby, even though he has been so miserable and frustrated, everytime we would talk to him, he would still manage to give us a great big smile...followed promptly by a little cough and cry of frustration.

After talking to my SIL (whose baby is a day and half older than Bear), I decided to go ahead and take him in to see the doctor. You see, I normally wait until a cough has been around for at least a week before taking my kids to the doctor. I just hate to go and have them say "he has *some unidentifiable upper respiratory infection* ...here's an antibiotic."

Apparently, half the world here in Mesa is down with RSV right now, and even my SIL's baby has been diagnosed with the beginning stages of Bronchiolitis. I didn't want to take a chance that my already allergic, eczema-prone baby also might have a lung infection. So, off to the doctor we went, yesterday afternoon.

It was a very busy, tiring day, but the news was good. Ears and lungs are perfectly clear. A little more saline, humidifier, and TLC should clear him right up. Yippee! What a blessing.

After the doctor appointment (and all the rigors of a VERY busy day), I was ready for some comfort food, like mom used to make. So, here is the "aftermath" of our little adventure:

1. A big pan of potatoes - n- sausage (beef kielbasa....yum!) just like mom used to make:




2. A very sleepy baby....conked out on the couch while I made dinner.



(You'll be happy to know, baby Bear is STILL asleep (at 10:15 in the morning) and breathing clearly. No more coughing episodes last night.)

3. My other kiddos are showing signs of having contracted this same virus, so they have to drink this in order to *hopefully* avoid any more trips to the doctor:

http://www.greenlivingnow.com/images/emergenc.jpg

0 comments: