Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sprite with Grenadine

I spent a good chunk of time yesterday and today steam-cleaning my carpet and washing my couch-cushion covers. My house seems so much cleaner, and my mood is brighter as a result. A TRULY clean house is one of my *favoritest* things...but, with 4 kids, alas, that cleanliness often eludes me.

As I was thinking about my beautiful carpet and cushions, I was led to ponder on some of life's *other* little indulgences. I have a few favorite luxuries, including the following:

1. Sprite with Grenadine (a.k.a. Shirley Temple!) Since I normally don't drink ANY carbonated drinks, this is a rare treat for me. I get them maybe once or twice a year, and it is a real treat! Grenadine is good in anything :)


2. Cherry Blossom lotion from Bath & Body Works



(Hmmmm...I guess I like cherries, eh? Actually, that reminds me..)

3. Fresh Bing Cherries. Since my birthday is in July, in the peak of Cherry season, I get to eat to my heart's content, just for my special day! It's my b-day indulgence every year. I can take out a couple of pounds of cherries in about 20 minutes.



4. A periodic facial, done by my friend Amy who used to work for a spa and has a real massage bed at her house! That is the MOST COMFY bed I've ever felt. The spa facials she gives are wonderful, with the essential oils and warm towels. She also recommended a skincare line with I LOVE. It is by PCA International (Scottsdale, AZ). It smells wonderful, feels wonderful, and my skin likes it, too!


These are just some of my favorite indulgences. I truly believe they are not just frivolities. Sometimes, they are absolutely necessary to transform me from frazzled mommy of 4 to relaxed *pampered princess*. Believe me, my family needs the princess just as much as I need to BE the princess sometimes.

What are your favorite indulgences?

1 comments:

Jessica said...

I like to go get my hair done (get to go today!) and anything CHOCOLATE would be my indulgences!