Thursday, April 17, 2008

Just Don't Care

Do you ever have days that you *just don't care*? Like today, I don't care that I've eaten half a box of Reeses Pieces and chips 'n' guacamole for lunch. I don't care that I have piano students coming over in an hour and my house is still a wreck. I don't care that I'm in my gym clothes but never made it to the gym. I don't really care that my husband has people coming over tonight, and certain things need to be done before then....

Then again, maybe I DO care, but not enough to do anything to change these things today. I cared a lot yesterday. I guess today is just the antithesis of yesterday. I'm *balancing the canoe*, if you will.

I notice that my best days tend to be followed by days like this. What is the secret to avoiding these extremes, and maintaining consistently somewhere in the middle?

Maybe one of you has the answer for me. I'll be waiting! In the meantime, I'm going to try to care a *little* more this afternoon than I have this morning. But don't count on it...

0 comments: