Saturday, April 19, 2008

Late Night Sugar Attack

There are many reasons I should go to bed by 9:30 every night; I won't even try to name
them all, but here's one of the big ones:



When I have an extra-late night it is difficult to resist the temptation to snack on sugary treats. Last night, my friend Julianne came over for some sewing and a girls' night out. I made chocolate cake at 10pm, for heaven's sake!

Does the following sound familiar? “Cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated.” (Doctrine & Covenants 88:124) . I totally believe this counsel! I can't figure out how to make myself obey it.

I really need to memorize that scripture and recite it every morning....and afternoon....and evening....

On a positive note, the late night THIS TIME seemed to be warranted. Julianne really needed to get out of the house, and has wanted to sew a particular (very cute) top for a long time. I am grateful for the opportunity to share my sewing knowledge with her. I am even more grateful for the time we spend talking about the difficulties and the joys of life as young mommies.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Massagem, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://massagem-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.