The kids are in bed and I just finished eating a bowl of delicious Bluebell Lemon Ice Box Pie ice cream. It was so yummy that I had to write about it.
About 2 years ago, I was perusing the freezer aisle in my local grocery store when, to my utter delight, I spotted the BlueBell. Yippee!! I called my mom (who lives in TX, home of BlueBell) right away to tell her of my excitement. Arizona had finally arrived. Real ice cream at last!
My favorite BlueBell flavors are Caramel Almond Crunch (A Fall seasonal flavor), Peppermint (A winter seasonal flavor), and Lemon Icebox Pie (a Summer seasonal flavor). At least those are my current favorites. You can't go wrong with BlueBell, no matter what flavor. They're all delicious.
When I eat BlueBell ice cream, I feel like a kid again. It reminds me of my childhood home in Texas, and of the time we toured the BlueBell ice cream headquarters in Brenham 3 hours away from our home in Lake Jackson where Hurricane Alecia was raging. What a great place to get away from a storm. They even gave us free ice cream samples at the end of the tour.
If any of you have not seen their website, it's worth a peek: www.bluebell.com. Here you will find a list of all their flavors and what time of year they are made. There is even a coupon.
I guess all I need to say is, Happy 100th Birthday, Bluebell...you deserve it!

2 comments:
I am offended. Arizona "arrived" long before Blue Bell Ice-cream. The day Steve Nash arrived in Phoenix (the second time) was the day they arrived!
How did I overlook THAT? But then, what could be better than watching the Suns game on the sofa with your family and a big bowl of Bluebell? See what I mean? Bluebell makes everything nicer. It makes Steve Nash's heroics even sweeter.
Post a Comment