Saturday, September 16, 2006

Cookin' up some teeth...and other news

Tater ran a fever of 104 for about 5 days straight this past week. He'd touch me with his little hands, and it felt like they were about to burn off. Why? Well, all of a sudden he has 2 bottom teeth. Good work, buddy! (And boy, am I glad THAT is over, at least for now.) I've never seen a kid with such a persistent fever just from teething. It just proves, once again, that doctors don't know everything. "Teething doesn't cause fever"...yah, right. If that is true, my kids must be aliens, because they inevitably turn into little furnaces every time they get a new tooth.
The past month has been quite a whirlwind for us. Gisele is thriving at half-day Kindergarten, and I am very pleased with her teacher. DH and I had a great, insightful experience at her school's curriculum night. Her teacher confirmed what we already suspected...that she already knows everything covered by the school district's kindergarten curriculum, and she's on about a 3rd grade reading level. She said keeping Gisele interested will be her biggest challenge this year, and she is excited about it. I'm glad she's willing to go the extra mile to engage Gisele in the lessons. That being said, I had no illusions that Gisele would be learning a whole lot at kindergarten this year. I just wanted her to have the social interaction and the confidence-building experience of getting out and going to school. It seems to be working! Her teacher said Gisele was the first to greet the new students who started a week or two after the first day of school. " Hi, Haley, I'm Gisele, come sit by me!".... I'm glad she's so outgoing and sweet. I hope that trait lasts through the years.
I am looking at Noah Webster curriculum for homeschool next year. It looks great! It will require, of course, a few LDS modifications. If you have any input on this, Jess, please share.
Well, I've neglected my kiddos for long enough now. Gotta go!

0 comments: