Our latest news is that we've started Joyschool!!! I gathered a couple of moms from my ward (there are 3 of us total) to form a joyschool group. I wanted something for Rory that would help build her confidence and her circle of friends. I love the fact that the curriculum focuses on teaching the kids to find joy in the ordinary everyday blessings of life. It also focuses on teaching life values...honesty, integrity, courage, kindness, and so on. It is the perfect foundation for future education, and it's fun! The kids have started the first unit, "The Joy of the Body". They are learning to appreciate and enjoy their bodies in many different ways. Last week we made a hand and foot mobile and gingerbread kids (each student built a body out of gingerbread cookie dough), and we cut body parts out of magazines to take home in an envelope.
My favorite part of Joyschool is listening to the kids when they sing. My favorite song says, "Oh, BOY, I've got JOY, I DO, I DOOOOOOOOO.....it starts in my HEART and it spreads to my HEAD in a minute or TWOOO. And did you KNOW it can GROW on my TOE....." etc. etc. Amie sings it at the top of her lungs, and dances at the same time, with a HUGE smile on her face. It is so cute. Look for pics in the Joyschool folder to the left. I will post them a little later today.
Saturday, September 16, 2006
Oh, Boy...I've got JOY!
Posted by Yeffinerp at 1:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment