And this proves it. My kids are growing up at light-speed.
Well, Gisele has finished her first week and 1/2 of kindergarten and the verdict is in. She never wants to miss a day of school....EVER. Yep, she loves it. :She had a nice surprise on the first day: a little boy (Haydn) from her preschool class is also in her kindergarten class. Instant friend. YIPPEE! Gisele informed me today, however, that she is mostly friends with the GIRLS in her class. ALL of them. What a little socialite. I'm glad she is more outgoing than I was. When I picked her up from school the other day, her teacher told me that Gisele walked right into the classroom the first or second day of school, looked up at a poem on the wall, and read it out loud. She said Gisele is her only student who can read. I already liked this teacher, but I was even more impressed when she said, "I am really enjoying the added challenge of finding new ways to keep Gisele interested." Yay. I'm glad she is willing to take the time to personalize the curriculum for her. What a good teacher!
In other news,Rory and I are enjoying our one-on-one time while Gisele is at school. Usually, we are fortunate enough to have baby Tater take a nap while the two of us do worksheets and color/cut/paste/goof off. Rory is learning her letters and numbers and she is acquiring new skills such as rhyming and tracing. She is an eager learner. We have fun together.
Little Tater says "hi" (while swatting his arm up and down in a big, aggressive sweeping motion) to everyone he sees now. It is the newest word in his vocabulary which otherwise consists of MAMA, DADDA, DADDY, GOTTTT ITTT, and Nuh-Nuh (for Nurse). He is on the verge of walking and is constantly entertaining us. What a funny little guy.
I am falling asleep at the computer, so I guess I'd better sign out for now. Will post again soon.
Thursday, August 24, 2006
YES, I Really AM this old
Posted by Yeffinerp at 1:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment