I just realized it has been almost an entire month since my last post. So, even though I am too tired to upload the few new photos I have on my camera, I decided I ought to at least make the effort to post something.
I went to my first spinning class at the gym today and loved it! It was a nice change from my usual routine of treadmill/elliptical machine/weight training and even more fun than my *favorite* Power Pilates class. It will definitely add variety and excitement to my workout routine. Did you know you can easily burn 500 calories during one 60-minute spinning class? Say goodbye to last night's cookie binge :).
I've learned that a good workout goes a long way toward staying sane when you have 4 kids. I don't know what it is about 4, but 3 seemed so much easier. (I know some of you are laughing right now because you know all too well what I am talking about, and you think it is funny that I am finally realizing just how much work 4 kids can be). My kids truly are wonderful, and I feel extremely blessed to have the chance to learn from them and with them. Still, it's nice, and sometimes necessary to let off some steam on the treadmill, if you know what I mean.
So, after I got home from the gym today, Rory (my almost-5-year-old) had the biggest meltdown she has EVER had. It started out innocently enough. Rory yanked a toy right out of Gisele's hands, screamed "that's mine", and ran away. By this time, Gisele was crying, and Rory was still screaming. I attempted to talk rationally with Rory, only to have my soft-toned voice drowned out by her tantrum. Anyway, I got right down by her face, calmly told her she needed to go to time out, and she just kept screaming "I don't WANT to go to time out. I don't WANT to go to time out. I don't WANT to go to time out". We call it 'Bulldozing' - right over everything mama is trying to say. I couldn't get a word in edgewise. (Mind you, Rory is VERY loud when she screams and cries which, thankfully, isn't too terribly often.) Well, I finally CARRIED her in to her room for time out and she proceeded to scream and kick the door for another 30 minutes before she fell asleep. She woke up at 6:30 pm - just in time to eat dinner and go right back to bed. So, what did she say as I was putting her to bed at 7:45? In a calm, sweet tone, she said, "But, Mama, I just waked up! I haven't got to have very much fun yet!"
Well, I have things to do before my early morning school run tomorrow. I need to get some sleep, too. Goodnight, all! Here's hoping for lots of spinning and NO tantrums tomorrow.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
*Something*
Posted by Yeffinerp at 8:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
My younger two definitely have "drama moments," only I've seen too many tantrums over the years to be too phased by them anymore. And Ava has such a wicked pout that I can't help but laugh, which she does NOT appreciate. Ben's little girl had a drama moment yesterday while playing over near her house, and I just had to turn away and laugh, they are just so funny sometimes. I must be deranged. :-D
Post a Comment