Gisele and Rory have been with some new washable paint markers for a good part of the day today. When Rory first started painting, she said, "Mommy, what does the Little Blue Engine Say? I can't remember...." I said, "I think I can, I think I can". She immediately started squeezing the marker as hard as she could, repeating over and over again, "I think I can" only to declare a few seconds later, " It WORKED, momma! I DID it!" (We just read The Little Engine That Could in Joyschool and learned about trying new things, even if they seem hard at first.)
Last night I had a friend over to sew. I'm helping her learn. Rory asked, "Why was Gabriella's mommy here last night?" I said, "To Sew". She said, "But Why?" "Well, because she doesn't know how to sew, and she needed some help." Rory said, "Well, she needs to go to Joyschool! Then she could learn to say, "I think I can" and she can get some JOY!" Kids say the sweetest, cutest things sometimes.
Just had to write it down. Wish this young stage could last forever.
March 29, 2007
Thursday, March 29, 2007
The Little Blue Engine
Posted by Yeffinerp at 1:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment